LEARN MORE ABOUT THESE TOPICS:
- Consumer Alerts, Product Safety and Recalls
- Auto Sales and Repairs Rights For Consumers
- Charitable Giving for Donors and Organizations
- Identity Theft: Report It. Restore It
- Student Loans and Debt Assistance
- Health Care Issues and Advocacy
- Home Repair Fraud
- Finance and Credit Concerns
- Public Utilities
- Resources for Businesses
Attorney General Kwame Raoul’s Consumer Protection Division protects Illinois consumers and businesses from fraud, deception, and unfair business practices.
Decrease the number of unwanted phone solicitations with this federal program.
The Attorney General’s Office takes consumer complaints and can engage in informal dispute resolution on behalf of consumers having problems with:
- Identity Theft
- Health Care Services or Providers
- Home Repair and Construction Services
- Auto Sales and Repairs
Although the Attorney General’s Office will do its best to assist you, the Attorney General’s Office is prohibited from representing citizens privately. If you need a lawyer, please see our list of legal aid referrals or contact The Illinois State Bar Association.
The Office of Attorney General can be an advocate for residents considering purchases or payments using financing and loans
- School Loans and Debit Assistance
- Consumer Credit and Lending
The Attorney General informs the public on emerging fraud risks and protects residents from harmful business practices and products
- An important part of the Attorney General’s work is to provide Illinois residents with the information necessary to avoid becoming victims of consumer fraud and to aid in making wise purchasing decisions. To this end, our website contains a number of fact sheets, news releases, and links to other consumer-related sites. The office regularly releases information about products that pose a safety risk to children.