Requesting Public Records from the Office of the Attorney General Through FOIA
The Attorney General's Office enforces the Freedom of Information Act; and as a public entity, also abides by the law.
The office maintains records of information in accordance with retention rules. However, some information is available immediately including:
- Appellate Decisions from Our Civil Appeals and Criminal Appeals Bureaus
- Attorney General Opinions
- Registration Files & Correspondence from Our Charitable Trusts and Franchise Bureaus
- Press Releases issued by the Office of the Attorney General
- Brochures and Other Publications of the Office of the Attorney General
OAG FOIA Officer
Office of the Attorney General
500 S. 2nd Street
Springfield, Illinois 62701
Or submit your request online through our Records Center
Additional information about the FOIA process and the Open Meetings Act (OMA) can be found on the Attorney General's Access Counselor's portal.